I have lived in Arcadia my whole life. It’s where I went to school, it’s where I have my business and it’s where I have chosen to raise my family.
My accomplishments, since you first elected me to City Council in 2016, include:
- I championed harmonious and compatible design of new homes with new design review rules, a Floor Area Ratio (FAR): limiting the size of new homes to a percentage of the lot size, and the first Historic Preservation Ordinance for Arcadia;
- I secured $167,000 from LA County to help homeless in Arcadia find housing;
- I helped introduce the Ring Doorbell home security program to our residents, making neighborhoods safer;
- I created a Financial Advisory Committee made up of Arcadia residents, to provide recommendations to pay down the unfunded pensions, promoting transparency and accountability;
- I worked to bring back a basketball court with the renovation of Eisenhower Park, reinforcing the priorities of the community;
- I brought the Patriotic Festival, Holiday Fair and Halloween Haunting to Downtown Arcadia, enhancing the quality of life for residents;
- I connected to the community through many activities including Mahjong with the Mayor and Coffee with the Mayor;
- I convinced LA County to re-open the Spreading Basins in the Highlands, so more water was diverted into our aquifer instead of flowing to the ocean;
- I currently serve as Mayor.
I hope I get the opportunity to meet you in person and share more of what I have done and what I plan to do if re-elected.
April is not a candidate who is going to go along to get along. She is going to ask the tough questions and ensure our city remains accountable. Taxpayers and those committed to good government can rest assured that April has their best interest in mind.
We need April Verlato on the City Council. She will finally take this City forward to where it should be with proper and reasonable residential zoning, neighborhood lighting and improved business districts. I’m voting for April and I urge you to vote for her too.
We are wholeheartedly dedicated, as we believe April is, to providing for the safety of the citizens of Arcadia and our members. April has always handled our issues with thoughtful consideration and honesty.
From April’s idea to start a citizens financial advisory committee to her unwavering pursuit to pass Measure A, April has demonstrated a keen ability to lead in new directions and execute plans that will benefit our community.
I first learned of April’s passion for our neighborhoods while working together on our Architectural Review Board in 2014. Since then, I’ve witnessed nothing but April’s absolute commitment to the community and its residents. Like most people, I’ll engage with our city government from time-to-time if an issue motivates me enough to get off my couch and do something about it. I support April because she never rests when it comes to advocating for the residents of Arcadia. That is an inherent part of who she is.
April is honest and exudes integrity; she continuously works to find solutions to issues that arise in the City collaborating with City Staff and residents. The success of Arcadia is of paramount importance to her.
I deeply appreciate Mayor April Verlato’s leadership and support for our Community and Schools. She is a very engaged parent and was part of the Arcadia Council PTA that went to Sacramento with the First District PTA for the Statewide PTA Legislative Conference in 2019 to meet with our elected leaders in the State Assembly and Senate to advocate for increased funding for Arcadia Schools and the 270 schools from Burbank to Pomona that are represented by the First District PTA.
I strongly support April Verlato for City Counsel reelection. April has the integrity, honesty, character and courage to represent ALL of the residents of Arcadia. April has the background and experience to resolve the issues that affect our lives and families, while supporting economic development and land use that promotes our community of homes.